Mental Health Doctors Q&A
If you suspect you or someone you care about has a mental health problem, you can get the support you’re looking for with us at MedSave Clinic. We can help people with anything from simple stress to lasting depression, and we can also provide counselling for patients with addictions. Call us today for more information or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 246 E Campus View Blvd. Columbus, OH 43235.
What are the common signs of mental illness?
Many people have some mental health problems at points in their lives, but a problem can become an illness when there are ongoing signs and symptoms. These signs and symptoms may vary, but might include:
- Sadness or mood changes that seem extreme
- Worries or guilt that seems extreme
- Feeling confused or having concentration issues
- Changes in eating habits or sex drive that seem significant
- Withdrawal from activities like seeing family
- Tiredness, fatigue, low energy, or problems with sleeping
- Paranoia, delusions, or hallucinations
- Difficulty coping with common problems and regular stress
- Struggling to understand and relate to people and situations
- Alcohol or drug abuse or misuse
- Anger, hostility, or violence, or suicidal thoughts/behaviors
There may also be physical symptoms like headaches. It’s important to see a professional if you or someone you care about has any of the issues above, as mental illnesses can become worse and lead to serious health-related problems. It’s very important and even vital to see a professional about an issue like anger, hostility, violence, or suicidal thoughts/behaviors.
How do you get diagnosed with a mental illness?
When you see a professional about your mental health, the professional will try to determine what the underlying problem could be and may proceed with diagnosing you. Diagnosing a patient and checking for related complications may entail:
- Lab tests – Like checking your thyroid function or screening for alcohol or drugs
- A physical exam – To rule out a physical problem that may be causing your symptoms
- A psychological evaluation – In which a doctor or mental health professional discusses your symptoms, thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with you
The more information you’re able to provide the professional with, the more able the professional will be to offer an accurate diagnosis. Try to be as open and honest as you can be with the professional.
What kinds of patients do mental health facilities treat?
At a facility like MedSave Clinic, the professionals there can help and treat patients with any of the following issues and others:
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Trauma- and stressor-related disorders
- Dissociative disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Addictive disorders
You can come see us at MedSave Clinic if you or someone you care about has or may have any of the issues above or a related issue.
Who can help me with my mental health?
Many different people and multiple people can help you with your mental health. In fact, the best treatment for a mental health issue is treatment from a professional along with support from family members. Your treatment team could consist of your primary doctor, a nurse practitioner, a psychiatrist, a psychotherapist, a pharmacist, a counsellor, a social worker, and/or family, but remember, professional help is necessary. We have many of the types of professionals we mentioned here at MedSave Clinic.
If you’d like to learn more about how the aforementioned professionals can help you and what we can do for you here at our clinic, connect with us today. We’re located at 246 E Campus View Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235, and you can reach to Call us to learn more or to book a consultation/evaluation with us at MedSave Clinic. You can also book with us online, if you like. There’s a lot we can do for you or your loved one at our clinic, even if you’re not sure how to begin. We serve patients from Columbus OH, Clintonville OH, Northwest Columbus OH, Worthington OH, Orange OH, and Harlem OH.
Additional Services You May Be Interested In
▸ Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment
▸ Behavioural Counseling
▸ Primary Care
▸ Hepatitis C
▸ Mental Health/Psychiatry Services
▸ On-Site Dietician
▸ Pain Management
▸ Liver Disease Treatment
▸ Holistic and Alternative Medicine
▸ Walk-in Clinic Urgent Care Services
▸ Opioid Addiction
▸ Prescription Weight Loss
▸ Hepatitis C